The above presentation was made by Burson-Marsteller which is an Advertising / Marketing / PR firm established in 1953 and is a leading global public relations and communications firm.
The study was conducted from the top companies in the Fortune Global 100 list and it found some interesting stats and they are listed below.
- 79% of the top 100 companies in the Fortune Global 500 Index are using at least one of the Social media Networks (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Corporate Blogs)
- Twitter was the most popular social media tool according to the study.
- Companies are using Twitter for Announcements and news, events and promotions and also for Customer Service Purposes.
- Over 69% of Fortune Global 100 US Companies have Facebook Fan Pages.
- 59% of Fortune Global 100 US Companies have You Tube Channels.
- One-Third of the Fortune Global 100 Companies have active blogs.
The above facts are really interesting for us Internet Marketers and it just shows the growing trend in Social Media usage.
I would highly recommend all IMs to at least have one or two of the above Social Media Platforms to grow their popularity and generate extra web traffic. The possibilites are endless.
To your continued success with your journey,